Saturday, March 5, 2011

masks and confessions.


(sources) image fourfiveelevenfourteeneighteen, and all the rest




Sometimes masks are beautiful.
For the individual to express or create.
To show raw insides, individuality, traditions, and the joy of dressing up.
But sometimes. 
they are fake
and purely for others.

What is everyone hiding from? 
the truth? ourselves. others?

confessions:
I straighten my hair.
Hide my sleepless face.
Put tights on to cover my unshaven legs.
I'm polite and more kind to those I would rather slap in the face.
I talk to people I'm annoyed by or don't want to associate with.
I stick around places when I would rather be 
....in a bathroom alone vomiting. 
(vomiting is one of my least favorite things in this world)
I'm passive aggressive when I can't communicate 
my raw, vulnerable, hurt, or frustrated feelings.


are these (masks) the roles we play and the lies we live behind?

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy.
I just want to express my interest and enjoyment in people who avoid the social standards for themselves. 
Who look inside to discover truth. 
Those individuals inspire me to be better at being raw and open.
 To not please everyone in my life and to genuinely not be concerned about that. 
 I don't want to live for others. 
This doesn't mean putting off the selflessness or understanding
but it's an attempt to not be restricted by the toxicity of others.

1 comment:

  1. I'm polite and more kind to those I would rather slap in the face.
    I talk to people I'm annoyed by or don't want to associate with.

    Me tooooo, bby.

    ReplyDelete