Wednesday, January 26, 2011

o Patti Smith



About two years ago my pal Laura Johnson and I made our way downtown to The Loft to watch a documentary on Patti Smith called 'Patti Smith: Dream of Life'. It was so good that I remember afterwards thinking I had truly watched an artist at work on the big screen. It was very raw and natural.

I haven't really reflected on this experience much until I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up her book called 'Just Kids'. Every page I turned blew me away with how delicate and intricate her wording was, like each one was chosen very carefully but not designed or designated (maybe even innate). and how relatable she seems! I didnt buy it because I just recently bought a book (and have made a promise to finish it before buying another) but I did make it to page 37. I plan on going back tomorrow after work to continue my experience through her experiences.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Kara, I enjoy your passion.

    I currently have no phone. Ugh. Otherwise, I would call you.

    Please read this...
    http://walkstalksblocks.blogspot.com/2011/01/dont-give-up.html

    much love as always and forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I also love Patti Smith, thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete