Sunday, February 20, 2011

"silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes"-cream


Kristopher Orr is one of my good friends (see blog post from before) and he is SO very talented. This is from a shoot he did up in Idaho where we wore tights, oversized dresses, and fur coats. Rachel (who has amazing taste in clothing) provided the style and assistance in poses. Kristopher took photos with film, the old old polaroid kind. It was genius. 

Check out some of the other things he has done because... they are way good: http://kristopherorr.com



Saturday morning Liz and Kenzie Donaldson came to town. The brother and sister duo met me at 
Beans and Brews off of State Street for bagels and warm drinks. 
A necessity when the morning is stormy with dark rain clouds.






Liz is moving and that puts more distance between us and our lovely friendship we started in our last semester of college. We are planning on doing a backpacking trip in Europe come August (tentatively). It would be a dream come true for me because I have wanted to go to Europe since I was little. 
I need to break the fairy tale curse and go and see it for myself.


*there's nothing quite like the 'i didnt get any sleep last night' look on my face.





After they left i had too many hours to kill before work.








I went thrifting today for the first time in a long time.



While scooping the aisle, suddenly I found myself infatuated with over 20 pairs of shoes.
It was one of the most intimidating moments of my life
which ones to choose...
and which ones to leave behind.
Like soldiers wounded in the battle, I loved them all and there were no winners,
I had to close my eyes and point.



I have never encountered such an abundance.
It's typical and more likely that I'll find a cool shoe and be bummed that it's not in my size (I'm a very standard size 8-9) or I'll force my foot into it, and o ye--ahh it fiiittsss (ouch)

(this brings me to my suggestion, thrift a bit outside of town, a place where not many younger adults go and a place where the older generation drops off donations (maybe avoid the Sugar House area). It may be obvious but literally try it on purpose sometime, you'll be surprised by the difference)


*these two pairs of lovelies were a bit too small SO if you are a 7-7 1/2 I would highly recommend you visit Savers on State Street, 7200 South.


*Found some cool albums, Cream, The Doors (x2), etc.
There was the cutest old man looking for records as well and he told me his music interest; folk and blue grass, he was like... "things with... banjos" with a little embarassment. Are you kidding me?! that is soo cool. He was very adamant that I go to this record store called Randy's Records because a couple times a year they have a huge blowout sale and sell tons of items for $1.


These are the shoes I ended up getting. I narrowed it down to 6. 
Hey... 
it's better then 20... 
maybe.






*old ralph lauren penny loafer shoes & these two bags here. 
This forest green is one of my favorite colors.


 *I'm going to be sewing creatures here pretty soon and so I bought a bag of mix-matched fabrics for experimentation. I'm still looking into getting a small inexpensive sewing machine (because I'll probably be moving around in the future), 
I would love reccomendations if you have any.

Cream- White Room

No comments:

Post a Comment