Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pen Pals

I worked on these letters this cozy Sunday afternoon.
I'm feeling a tiny bit under the weather and this was the perfect daytime activity.


(tangent) *it snowed a bit this morning

The process: 
This was my work space...

 *I used my lovely typewriter until the ink started to disappear, I think I need a new roll. 

*I used magazine pages for envelops 

*I didn't have tape so I took cloth ribbon and ironed it in half 
(my straightener worked like a dream for this)

 *Then I opened them and glued them around the magazine edges to secure the letter inside.

*trinkets to go on the inside

It did take a bit longer then expected... 
but I really liked how they turned out.

(the final product below: I blurred out the names and addresses on the letters 
so they could remain private and so it can be a surprise)














I hope your Sunday was dreamy.


2 comments: